We provide air ambulance services across the North-East, Cumbria and North Yorkshire. We are entirely funded by charity.
Find out about our critical care team as we undertake rescues throughout the region. Look out for:
- Who coordinates rescues from our airdesk
- Who has responsibility for safety on board the aircraft
- What the doctors get up to back on base
We have bases at Langwathby, Urlay Nook, Eaglescliffe and Newcastle International Airport. Find out a little more about them here, including:
- How long it takes to fly from Langwathby to Carlisle
- What is a forward operating base?
- Where are we planning to move in the future?
The story about how the Great North Air Ambulance Service came to be.Read more
Request a speaker
Did you know we regularly deliver talks in the communities we serve?
If you would like us to speak to your community group, we would love to hear from you.Request