Deliver talks about the charity and help us raise awareness at schools and community groups.
Role location: This role is based within your own locality
Hours: This role is flexible and reactive to the public engagement activity booked with the charity, ideally we suggest half a day per week.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over.
- Promote the work of the Great North Air Ambulance Service by undertaking talks and presentations to schools and community groups using prepared scripts and resources
- Research and book talks with companies, groups and supporters that welcome outside speakers
- Awareness promotion of lottery and regular giving
- Represent the charity at local events and cheque presentations
- An interest in the Great North Air Ambulance Service and the work we do
- Previous experience of presenting and confidence in public speaking is desirable although training will be given
- IT skills are essential for this role, using presentation equipment and sending emails
- You’ll need to be polite and happy to communicate with the public
- Good knowledge of local area
- Comfortable with cash handling
- Access to a vehicle or good transport links