If you are looking for a PR job that will make a difference to people’s lives, please read on….
The need for our services does not relent. We respond to incidents 24 hours a day. Last year alone, we were called into action more than 1,500 times. We have helicopters and cars, doctors and paramedics, working round the clock to provide a world-class service. As PR and Media Officer, you’ll be at the centre of all that.
We are looking for someone who can spot a story and craft it into something that resonates with the public. The publicity you will generate will ultimately support the charity’s critical care teams – your work will have an impact!
Your subject matter will be diverse and sometimes complex. You’ll tackle the subjects of fundraising, aviation and medicine. Your audience will be equally diverse and spread far beyond our 8,000 square mile area of coverage.
You will meet patients who have died and been brought back to life. You’ll meet the families of those who weren’t so fortunate. And you’ll have the technical skills and personal character to tell their stories with compassion and respect.
On top of this, you’ll be familiar with how the modern media works and be comfortable handling sensitive information while working with journalists on breaking stories.
If you want to make a difference through your writing at an organisation that will value and develop you, then this is an opportunity we hope you take seriously.
- Location: Urlay Nook, Eaglescliffe (Involves regular travel – must have full clean driving license)
- Hours: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Pay Band 3 £21,486 to £26,251
- 23 Days holiday per year increasing yearly to a maximum of 27
- Private healthcare scheme
You will need:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding writing skills
- Strong team ethic but comfortable using own initiative
- Full clean driving licence. The role is based at Eaglescliffe but will require frequent travel within our region.
To apply, please submit our online application form, including three examples of your work that showcase what you would bring to this role.
Please note that the closing date for this position is Friday 30 August.Apply