How to make a raise a complaint or appreciation in relation to our work
The Great North Air Ambulance Service and trading subsidiary are committed to delivering a high standard of service to anyone who engages with any aspect of our work, whether that is from a fundraising or operational perspective.
We are keen to hear from anyone who believes we have fallen short of the high standards we set ourselves or alternately would wish to commend the work of the service its employees and volunteers. You can contact us through the following methods:
- In person – a complaint can be made in person to any member of our staff. They will log your complaint/appreciation and this will be forwarded to the relevant person within our organisation.
- Phone – please contact us on 01325 487263, a member of our team will log your complaint/appreciation and this will be forwarded to the relevant person within our organisation.
- E-mail – please e-mail us at email@example.com. Please include in the subject line of your email the words ‘complaint’ or ‘appreciation’.
- Website – please go to the ‘contact us’ area of our website and complete the contact form, selecting ‘complaint’ or ‘appreciation’ from the dropdown menu.
- Post – you can write to the following address:
Complaints and Appreciations, Public Liaison, Great North Air Ambulance Service, The Imperial Centre, Grange Road, Darlington, Co.Durham, DL1 5NQ
We will acknowledge and provide a response to your feedback within 14 working days of receiving it.
- Social media – we appreciate the feedback that we receive via our social networks. However, where your feedback is in relation to a complaint we would ask that you use one of the methods set out above to raise your complaint with us, and give us an opportunity to resolve it to your satisfaction.
In dealing with complaints we recognise our duty to ensure that consent and confidentiality is not compromised during the complaints process unless there are professional or statutory obligations that make this necessary.
We would expect to resolve any complaint within 14 working days, however if we need to conduct a more in-depth investigation, we will aim to provide you with a full response within 28 working days. If we are unable to meet that deadline due to exceptional circumstances, we will of course let you know.
If you are not happy with the response you receive, you can escalate your concerns to the Chief Executive who will consider the matter in more detail. We will include details of the escalation process in our response to your complaint.
Where a complaint relates to our fundraising practices, if you are still unhappy with our response once the Chief Executive has considered your complaint you have the right to refer your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator. This must be done within two months of our final response. We will include details of the Regulator in our final response to your complaint.
It is great to hear when we have exceeded expectations. Messages of appreciation are logged and feedback provided to the relevant teams or team members.
We may wish to use the information you provide to us in our publications but we would not do this without first contacting you to gain your agreement.
We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our patients, supporters and the general public, however where this feedback is anonymous we are unable to respond.
Dependent on the nature of the feedback, being unable to come back to the complainant may hinder any investigation and prevent us from improving things in future. Any feedback we receive is treated in the strictest confidence and we would therefore request that when contacting us regarding your complaint or appreciation you provide us with your name and contact details.