Volunteers are the life-blood of the Great North Air Ambulance Service and are relied upon to carry out a wide range of tasks. We are always on the look out for new people to help. Examples of volunteering opportunities with the charity include:
- Collecting cheques – this could be from groups or individuals but the media may be involved so volunteers should be prepared to feature in local newspapers/radio/television.
- Manning show stalls – the GNAAS team attend many shows throughout the year and on occasion need the assistance of volunteers to fulfil these requirements. Volunteers should enjoy engaging with people and keen to give help and assistance where necessary.
- Helping at events – during the year, GNAAS also organises its own events, from fundraising balls to beer festivals, wedding fairs to fun days. Volunteers are always needed to help such events run smoothly.
- Giving presentations – GNAAS is often asked to give presentations to community groups, usually based around the charity’s purpose-made DVD. This role gives volunteers the chance to get out and meet a variety of people in their communities. Training is provided.
- Store collections – The charity is always on the look-out for volunteers willing to give their time to hold collections in shops in their areas. Store collections are a valuable revenue stream for the charity.
- Campaign assistance – From time to time, GNAAS launches focused fundraising campaigns, such as its Air Ambulance Week. Help is often needed in carrying out administrative tasks.
In any voluntary role, help and assistance is always on hand, and all necessary equipment is provided. We would love to hear from you. Please call Janet Hume on 01325-487263 for more information.
FEATURED EVENTSVIEW ALL EVENTS
Annual GNAAS Ball at the Marriott Hotel, Gosforth Park, NewcastleVIEW EVENT DETAILS >>
A great day out for all the family!VIEW EVENT DETAILS >>
GNAAS fundraiser at Sedgefield RacecourseVIEW EVENT DETAILS >>
Beer festival for GNAAS in association with Cleveland CAMRAVIEW EVENT DETAILS >>
St. Begas Ultra Trail Race - 31st August 2013. 35mile, 6000ft approxVIEW EVENT DETAILS >>